- This event has passed.
Diversity & Inclusion on Corporate and Nonprofit Boards
April 7 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
On Tuesday April 7th, Campbell University will host a discussion at our Raleigh Campus on the importance of improving diversity on corporate and nonprofit boards. Attendance is free, but registration is required to ensure adequate seating.
The Women on Boards 2020 initiative is a global education, public awareness, and advocacy campaign urging corporations to meet or exceed 20% women directors on their boards by the year 2020. This organization found that 50% of the boards in North Carolina have at least 20% representation from women. Many others are working to improve their board diversity. Please join the Campbell University School of Business on Tuesday April 7, from 1:30pm – 3:30pm for a keynote speaker and panel discussion followed by various breakout groups as we explore this issue of growing importance.
The event’s keynote speaker, Lissa Lamkin Broome, is the Burton Craige Distinguished Professor and Director of the Center for Banking and Finance at UNC. She is a strong advocate for improving diversity on NC boards, and is head of the UNC’s Director Diversity Initiative, which works to increase the gender, racial, and ethnic diversity on corporate boards of directors.
Our panel discussion will focus on how we can both prepare and invite more women and minorities to share their expertise on both for-profit and non-profit boards.
- 1:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker: Lissa Lamkin Broome, UNC Law
- 2:00 p.m. Panel Discussion: We will address how boards, both for profit and nonprofit, can improve the diversity of their members. Dr. Karen Mishra, Associate Professor at Campbell University’s Lundy-Fetterman School of Business, will moderate the discussion. Panelists include:
- Lissa Lamkin Broome, UNC Law
- Karen LeVert, Co-founder & CEO of AgTechInventures
- Elisabeth Pfohl Sasser, EVP, Sunrock
- Fran Perez-Wilhite, Director, Multiple Boards
- Jeanne Canina Tedrow, President/CEO, NC Center for Nonprofits
- Chuck Re Corr, Founder, Research Triangle Chapter, NACD
- 2:45 p.m. Breakout Groups: Participants may choose from two sessions to learn more about how to serve on a non-profit or for-profit board.
- 3:30 p.m. Conclude