- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: Campus Kitchen (CKCU)
April 2 @ 4:00 pm
We currently prepare and serve approximately one meal every other week to families in Western Harnett County at Johnsonville Elementary School in Cameron, NC. These meals are often accompanied by nutrition education with a focus on healthy eating, occasional health education and basic screenings, and other informative programming provided by Campbell University students, faculty and staff. CKCU also strives to reclaim food to decrease the amount of food waste in our community.
CKCU would not be possible without the help of our student and community volunteers. There are many ways you can participate and help us!
Dates for Spring 2020 are:
January 23 March 12
February 13 April 2
Ways you can Volunteer :
- Serving shift – Serving days – leaves campus at 4:15 or meet at Johnsonville at 4:45; ends around 6:30
- Serve on our student leadership team.
- Hold a supplies drive for us.
- Donate money so we can purchase supplies needed for meals.
- Become a food donation partner. Donations are tax- deductible and protected by the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act.